Skilled, Responsive Representation When You Need It Most

photo of the firm's attorneys

Frequently Asked Questions About Work Injuries

While many people know how to seek compensation in the aftermath of workplace injury, the process of doing so may not always be clear. A skilled work injury lawyer can guide you through the workers’ compensation laws, and help you find the answers you are looking for.

At Kalamarides & Lambert in Anchorage, we have handled various work injury claims for clients all over Alaska. Our team has taken the time to answer some of the most commonly asked questions regarding work injuries so that you can spend less time navigating the legal system, and more time focusing on getting the medical treatment and compensation that you need. You are likely to find some of the answers you are looking for below:

Should I file a workers’ compensation claim?

In Alaska, workers’ compensation is the exclusive remedy if you are injured on the job. The only exceptions to this are if you are intentionally injured by someone at work or are injured by a third party. For example, if a professional baker injured his or her hand while using a faulty dough mixer, the company that manufactured the dough mixer may be responsible, rather than the baker itself. Other examples may include someone who is driving to work and gets hit by a drunk driver on the way. The drunk driver would then be a third party who caused this work-related injury, and a injury claim would be possible.

What if my workers’ compensation claim was denied?

In Alaska, if your claim has been denied by a controversion or by simply not providing benefits to you, then there are steps you can take. Contact a lawyer immediately. Getting your workers’ compensation claim denied can be disheartening, but there are still steps you can take to salvage it. There is a limited period of time to file a claim, and an attorney can help ensure you do not miss that window of time. You should reach out to an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer who knows how to handle denied claims.

How can a lawyer help me?

An experienced lawyer knows the workers’ compensation process and can fight for your benefits in the event that your claim is denied or disputed. You can benefit from having an advocate in your corner who knows how to face the insurance companies and pursue the compensation you deserve, relentlessly.

How will I afford an attorney?

In Alaska, injured workers don’t pay us. If we are successful in obtaining benefits for you, the insurance company pays our fees.

What types of injury benefits could I get through workers’ compensation?

Depending on the nature of your workplace injury, you could receive medical treatment, medical bills paid, retraining into another profession, temporary partial disability (TPD) benefits, permanent partial impairment (PPI) benefits or permanent total disability (PTD) benefits.In Alaska, you could seek workers’ compensation if your workplace accident resulted in any disabilities or physical impairments, whether they last temporarily or permanently. You could also seek workers’ compensation if your loved one was wrongfully killed in workplace accident. Every injury is unique, and a lawyer can help you determine which benefits you are entitled to.

Get The Help You Need Today

Do you need to get a lawyer involved in your workers’ compensation claim? Secure a free consultation session with one of our experienced attorneys to learn more about how we can help. To set up an appointment, call 907-205-4997 or fill out our intake form. Se habla español.