Skilled, Responsive Representation When You Need It Most

photo of the firm's attorneys

Was Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Denied?

Not everyone who is injured on the job needs the help of a lawyer. However, some do. If you received a “Notice of Controversion” saying that some or all of your workers’ compensation benefits were denied, now is the time to enlist the help of an experienced attorney.

At Kalamarides & Lambert, we can file a written claim on your behalf and request a hearing before the Workers’ Compensation Board. Although our law firm is based in Anchorage, we handle hearings and appeals across Alaska.

Your Time Limit For Requesting A Hearing

If the insurance company controverts your claim for benefits, you have only two years to request a hearing. If you fail to request a hearing within that period of time, your benefits will automatically be denied. The bottom line is that the sooner you contact our lawyers, the better off you will be, and the sooner you can hope to begin receiving the money and medical care you need.

Understand The Implications Of Accepting A Settlement

The insurance company may offer you a written compromise and release agreement (C&R). Essentially, it is asking you to accept a certain amount of compensation in exchange for waiving your right to past or future benefits. Before you sign, make sure you fully understand how it may affect your life and finances. We can provide the guidance you require to make a wise decision.

What Happens When You Contact Us

If your case has been disputed or denied by the insurance company, we are available to review the issues and advise you accordingly. First, however, we need you to fill out a questionnaire (see our Workers’ Compensation Law page) and return it to our office.

After reviewing your information and records, we will let you know whether we can accept your case. If we agree to represent you, you don’t have to worry about paying us any attorney fees. Instead, the insurance company will be responsible for paying our fees.

Call our Anchorage office at 907-205-4997 or contact by email if you need help understanding the questionnaire or you have other concerns. We are here for you.

Se habla español